UncleMike

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I have a 36 gallon front bow. It has 40lbs of LR, an Eshopps hang-on skimmer and a Tetra hang-on carbon filter. The lighting is a single strip fluorescent tube light (which may be upgraded if need be). I had a crash (Oodinium outbreak) in it a few weeks ago. I am going to be doing a few things to upgrade my tank before restocking it - including swapping out the substrate (crushed coral to live sand). While I have heard different opinions on this, I figured I would pose the question here...

Would this set-up be sufficient to house two dwarf zebra lionfish and a snowflake eel? I have been told yes, no and only for a short (6 months) time.

I would be content to have only those 3 in the tank but don't have the $$$ to be investing in a larger setup in a few short months. I've always wanted a lionfish and my options are limited with tankmates in the size tank I have.

All opinions are welcomed. Please let me know your thoughts before I make any decisions on my own.

bonomo53

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
those lions get pretty big around 7" i think you can get away with one depending on how often you do water changes. also they are hard to get to eat frozen food .. i had a a dwarf in my 38 for a couple months but honestly there kinda boring they don't swim much and stay hidden.. also if you decide to get the snowflake make sure you have very tightly fit lid on the tank

UncleMike

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys!
Nice pic btw bonomo! LGR!!!

I'm still undecided at this point. I may still get the eel. I plan on getting a tight fitting lid regardless because if I upgrade the light I will need a new one anyway. That might provide me with more options anyway. I'll put up my own tank thread once I have everything back up and I've decided what route to go in.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: