D

DeMario2010

been with this set up now 4 over 9 yrs..new to the site..just changed from a hexagon to a rectangular 55 gallon..old tank started leaking..and ws infested with bristol worms.from having a porcupine puffer..about 9" long..had to dump all the old substrate but keept the same water..had to soak my live rock in bout salt solution of .35..collected bout a cup n 1/2 of bristol worms..one was almost 4'' long..all good now.except for nitrate problems.tank appears to be cycling all over again.but still having minor hold outs embedded in my rock..find myself one t5he lite goes off ..I am with a small flashlite .catching them as to exit thier hiding spot.and plug them out with a twizzor...n e quick solutions..also looking 4 a used revers osmosis system..picks will be posted soon..oh inhabitants r tomatoe clowns.blue suedes.yellow /blue demsles..snails(4)

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
uhm... welcome to Manhattan Reefs! Bristle Worms aren't going to hurt your tank. They're normal in everyone's tank. I wouldn't be so aggressive in trying to remove them.

Anyway.. do you have the 9inch porcupine puffer in your 55 gallon? That's WAY too big for the 55..

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Speaking of bristol worms if any one has been to House of Fins lately they have one that almost an inch wide and I don't even know how long but its huge. Also good luck with your 55 I just restarted my 55 after a crash I had.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: