32Bit_Fish

I'm currently having a 24" Current T5 2x24w system on my 38g tank. The tank is 36" in length and 20" tall. I want to keep zoa's, sofeties and LPS in the tank. How soon I need a new fixure? Can I just buy some coral, wait and see how the corals would do under this lighting?

I haven't been able to find any good deals on a 36" T5 fixture yet.

32Bit_Fish

Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I wouldn't soend money on corals until you have the right equipment for your tank. JMO

So you are saying my current lighting set up is not good enough to keep coral alive?

Total 48w T5 and the tank is 20" tall.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
So you are saying my current lighting set up is not good enough to keep coral alive?

Total 48w T5 and the tank is 20" tall.

What I am saying is if money is tight use it to get the right light and not corals. You can always get corals later on. You have a 36" display with a 24" light. A 2 bulb T5 unit is not bright to begin with and you are not getting the coverage because of the shorter length of the light. Yes some corals would live under the light you have now but it would look pretty bad IMO:happysad:

32Bit_Fish

Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Alright, thanks for the input. I will get the new lighting system first.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: