• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

This morning before leaving for school was just gorgeous. Had to grab the camera and risk being a bit late. :D

Attachments

• fog-clouded-dawn_rs.jpg
    fog-clouded-dawn_rs.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 765
A

Anonymous

And another from about 5 minutes later. This is (obviously) a macro. There's almost no PS work here other than a slight saturation boost. 8O :D

Attachments

• reaching_rs.jpg
    reaching_rs.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 760

Jrsydevi1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, the second one is beautiful, to be sure.. but that first one is just blowing me away.

The anonymity of silhouette has always appealed to me in an artistic sense. The beautiful shades and half-tones here and the deliberate LACK of fine detail lends to this photo a sense of wonderful timelessness. The sharp lines describe the architecture so pleasingly.. and the smoky air adds a lovely depth and distance not often seen in silhouettes.. VERY nice work, my friend.

-Devil

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jrsydevi1":187p91se said:
Wow, the second one is beautiful, to be sure.. but that first one is just blowing me away.

The anonymity of silhouette has always appealed to me in an artistic sense. The beautiful shades and half-tones here and the deliberate LACK of fine detail lends to this photo a sense of wonderful timelessness. The sharp lines describe the architecture so pleasingly.. and the smoky air adds a lovely depth and distance not often seen in silhouettes.. VERY nice work, my friend.

-Devil

Gracias! Yeah, I love that fog picture, too. Honestly I think it wouldn't be that great, except for those houses in the background in the center of the frame that are all misted out. It's just a suburban subdivision, but it loos so ethereal somehow. The original shot came out almost black and white, but when I ran it through PS and boosted the saturation just a little bit, that nice blue came out in the sky...it was just getting ready to burn off the fog and show through. :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: