nala

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was finally able to get another Blue Linkia
icon_smile.gif
The LFS got it in with their order. I took it right home(they did not acclimate). NOW it has not moved in 24hrs
icon_mad.gif
I acclimated this thing for 8.2 hours...with a slow drip! It moved around the glass for a while before moving to the floor...then it stopped moving
icon_sad.gif
From what I read...it looked perfect. No white areas,tenticles out,moving around the bag. Arrg...I find this extremly frustrating
icon_sad.gif

Should I put on gloves and try to move it? I don't want to muck up the water
icon_sad.gif
Did I miss something? TIA...

mgk65

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should leave it alone.

My 3 month old blue lincka does just what you are describing. He moves around and then can remain stationary for a long time.

It will move when it needs to eat some more. This starfish relies on surface film of bacteria and diatoms to survive. It cannot eat flakes, chunks, or anything in the water.

mgk

EnchantedSea

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I agree. Don't worry about him not moving. I have one and he is doing very well. They can remain in the same spot for long periods of time. This is just what they do. Also, give it some time to adjust to its new environment. You may not see the little fella too often either. They come out at night. Good luck with him.
icon_smile.gif

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: