112.4 KB · Views: 318
  • DSC00554.JPG
    DSC00554.JPG
    131 KB · Views: 311

ericcarlsoc

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what do you look for to see if its dying and is it my lighting or something im doing wrong that is making it die if even if its dead beacuse i have strong air flow on it idk im kinda disapointed if it is really dead any way to keep these type of coral healthy

i mean i have a aquarium store come out monthy to work on my tank they said the coral was just die off and its not dead

T

THEDLO

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Well it's hard to say since u don't do ur own maintance so wouldn't be able to give us details like water perameters. Unless u do know them lol. Sps are not easy to keep they require superior water quality :/ u should be more hands on with the system it can be fun!!!

petraio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
For we can see from pic it is dead how old is your system calcium level !!! Very important even if nitrate is a bit high from the rocks with little corals and good calcium level should have some coralline algea on them!! Lighting is good but for how many gallons ??? When you get a new one with that kind of lighting need to let the corals acclimate !!

ericcarlsoc

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i use a calcium reactor so my calcium stays at 400 to 450

also i took my water to my aquarium place and he checked it here is what he told me

salt 1.023
ph 8.0
n3 0 ppm

my water is perfect and i dont know why my birds nest coral might of just died but than again birds nest is a difficulate care level coral so maybe i souldnt of gotten it

aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
Unfortunately man that coral is gone.

Since your tank parameters "SEEM" to be okay (did you test for phosphates?). I have to ask, how old are your MH bulbs and what are you using for flow. SPS require a lot of light, a lot of flow, and really clean water.

DEL

reef guy in jc
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
wow..you have 3 250w bulbs in there?? what else is in your tank?? i would say that the birdsnest is definitely done for. the red is definitely red algae or cyano as rookie07 said. how long has your tan been up and running??

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: