Orca1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Here's the scenario.....

I left for upstate NY on Friday afternoon. As usual, I checked the tank out before I left and everything was fine. When I returned last night, my 2 Acan frags went from a blue/green, to a yellowish color.

My parameters are all good, and this is the only coral to have any change.

The corals are at the bottom of the tank approximately 30" beneath a 250w 20k halide. This light was added a week ago. In addition, I dosed the tank with B-Ionics 2 part Calcium/Alkalinity on Thursday. I didn't overdose the tank, and since this was my first time using this product, I dosed on the light side.

What can I possibly attribute this to?

Thanks.........Eric.

PS......Just came back from the tank and my peppermint shrimp is all over one of them. Is it time for a shrimp cocktail? Have they been known to eat corals like this?

Thanks again for your time.................

Orca1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I'm going to try that today when I get back from the swap. Of course I have a list about about a mile long for today's frag swap, and a good amount of the list included acans. I might have to tone down my list for today just a tad till' my dilemma is solved.

Thanks..........Eric.

Orca1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Andy.....
It could have. Yesterday was the first "hot" day we've had this year. I'm actually going to leave the AC on today in my bedroom to keep temperatures down a little. Temp last night at 1:30am was 80.3 degrees. With my 250w 20k MH, my temps normally stay in the range of 78-82.5. At that point last night, the MH had been off for about 3 1/2 hours. Temp is something I'm going to have to watch very closely considering this is only the beginning of the warm weather. I think a chiller is going to be added to the never ending list.

Just checked the temp now and it maintained its 80.3 temp all night. Needless to say, the AC just went on for the first time this year. Time to play the waiting game and see what happens. I'll QT the acans later on today in an attempt to bring them back.

Thanks much guys!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: