Jakef150

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Hi,

I have biocube 29 with about 20-23 lbs liverock.. It's been in my tank for about 6 months.

I have 4 fishes, 2 shrimps and corals..

I removed large tonga to replace with cured liverock.

I just bought 6/7 lbs cured liverock by lfs..

I just soaked in wate w/ coral rx ( I just want to be sure no pest inside rocks ) with fresh water the. Rinsed it twice..
It's in My tank now and I checked parameter test all is fine after 1.5 hrs...
One thing I'm not SO sure is ammonia cuz it's so hard to read color chart by API test kit it's between 0 - .25

Should I worry? I will check it again tomorrow am (Friday am)
So I need to know whAt to do if ammonia raise high ??

Thanks!
Jake

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Agreed

I never believe that any rock is 100% cured unless it came from an actual display tank with live coral and fish living in it. Most fish stores will claim live rock in live rock bins are cured but i would never add it directly to an established system right away.

I would have kept it in a batch of fresh saltwater for a week with a powerhead, testing the water daily and not add it until i knew forsure that it was 100% cured. Then if it was good i would add it little by little to your tank.

Small systems are less forgiving then some of the larger systems members have on here.

Coming from someone who has ran nanos i would Personally remove all the new live rock you added and do a 10-15% water change just to be safe and monitor your parameters. possibly run some chemipure or carbon as well.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: