KAHASH

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone....have not posted in a long time. I was wondering if anyone had any inof on adding more oxygen to our tanks. Someone mention that the oxygen level could be low so I was waonderin gif someone could help me out. Not sure how to do this.

Thanks,
KAHASH:squid::squid::starfish::starfish:

C

CrashGibson

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oxygen and water exchange happen at the surface of your tank, therefore aggitated surface water will be more oxygenated than a flat stagnate surface. Also a sump and return help with this process, more surface area and more flow. Secondly is the turnover of wpg vs total water amount in the tank. If you get good oxygenated water at the surface but it cant rotate with the water at the bottom of the tank (I.E. powerhead) then your fish will have to stay at the surface in order to reap the benefits. So either point a smaller PH at the surface like a maxijet with a flat head attachment, or maybe even a hydor flow (though hydor flow will reduce gph from that head, but I still like them). Or like many on here love their Vortech, Tunze, Korallia pumps because they can do both aggitate and redirect. Hope thats not to wordy...lol

C

CrashGibson

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I hear about Tobin's denitrifier all the time...but what extra does he have for oxygen?...I would like to know as well!

Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Socting Oxydator.. I've used it for a while.. I tested the O2 levels in the tank with the salifert and was surprised to find out that the levels were consideraby higher than my tank in my tv stand.. I also tested the O2 levels in a couple friends tanks and noticed that their levels were a lot lower than mine..
This reactor is supposed to keep the oxygen at significantly higher level.. I've noticed fish grow a little faster than they did in my old system.. I also kept a mahi mahi in my tank before I attached it to the sump and skimmer with nothing but this reactor and my denitrifier as a filter for 2 weeks... I guess that alone say's what this thing is capable of..

Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
I used to use a small pump and air stone next to my return and have it come on 3 times a day for 2 minutes.. It looks really nice but didn't do much for fresh air unless a window was open when I had timer set to turn on..

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: