fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
Dont' know about your stand but mine isn't built like that. I was VERY surprised to find that they (AGA) built, well I don't know how to explain it.

I would think that you would have many vertical pieces and you would use the horizontal pieces as stabilizers. The very top would have wood placed ON TO of the vertical pieces and the tank would sit on that.

AGA (at least mine) places the vertical pieces about half way up each horizontal piece and afixes them with (I assume glue and) staples! It would seem to me that the stress of the weight of the tank would sit directly on the staples (and glue maybe) holding the horizontal top to the vertical pieces. Also my center brace is affixed the same way I mentioned rather than as in Melevs. In Melev's it sits directly on the bottom horizontal piece and the top horizontal piece sits on top of that.

artie1209

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The day you add your sump and take out the center brace would be a good day to do a water change up top as well removing 20 gallons = about 160 lbs of load. It would take off some of the stress on the stand.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: