KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Why are you removing them from the parents? Most angels are pretty good about raising their own fry and will usually only eat the fungused eggs. The one exception to that is they are not so good parents when it comes to the first spawn and those often die.

The down side to moving them is the tank parameters need to match exactly and you must provide sufficient flow to the eggs, without blowing them off the slate (or whatever surface you are using). Most importantly the eggs MUST be kept submerged during the move or they will certainly die.

What did they lay the eggs on that you moved to the other tank?

Once they do get to be wigglers and start to free swim, they are easily fed pulverized flake food and grow at an amazing rate :)

Added: Best to keep apple snails in a tank with them so they eat all of the uneaten food as the water can turn on you quickly!

Reef Reaper

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
256   0   0
I removed the eggs, because they were in a community tank with other fishes that may eat them.

I took the wigglers (out with a small cup) that was attached to a leaf and place them into a small 5 gallon tank. The tank had water from the mother tank and a small sponge filter. I also had two small airstones in the tank. The water was moving, but not that hard. I had some of the wigglers become free swimming, but they just died. I changed about 25 percent every day, but to no avail. I feed them live baby brine shrimp and fry food(Dry). Did I do something wrong?

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
I raised angelfish before. The parents kept eating the eggs so I stole 1 batch of eggs to raise myself. I used Meth Blue in a 5 gallon separate tank to keep the eggs from getting fungused, and the ones that weren't viable turns white so its easy to tell from the viable eggs. I would just pluck those white ones off. I used an air pump circulating the water gently until they were wigglers. Once they became free swimming, I fed baby brine.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: