Alexxn

Fun in the Sun !
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
You wouldnt consider it outdated ?

I can pick it up with filters, memory cards, and a 75-300mm lens for $600 in new condition...

bad coffee

Inept at life.
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
it's not quite 'outdated.' The 40D is out, so the 30 is not the newest model, but it has a bunch of good features.

If you want a 28-55 lens for cheap let me know. I got one when I got my 20D and don't use it.

B

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Its still a good camera if you can get it at a really good price. And yes it is "outdated" as its no longer made and the new rebels are alot better in every aspect, but not outdated as in no lenses will fit it or you won't take good pictures anymore because of ancient technology. The camera should shoot amazing shots if its in good shape. And its one of canons heavier body's unlike the feather weight plastic rebels, which some people like for stability.

I think the 75-300mm lense is around 200$. So gives you an idea of what he is charging you for the camera. And memory cards cost pennies. Considering a rebel XSI is going for 400-500$ for the body alone which are a big step up from the 30d when you look at the stats and numbers. If your going to see that much in picture quality that's a different story. I dunno if its a good deal for that price since a new, unused, better camera will cost you about 100-200$ more.

FocusReefing

Just a podcaster from Queens
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Id say its out dated, but still a very good camera. The 75-300 is a very poor quality lense imo. Cheap in price because its cheap in quality. However $600 for that body is pretty much the standard. You can find people all over craigslist selling them for around that. Some come with battery grips and other extras. Id look around more. Id also try to find out how many shutter actuations it has on it before purchasing.

Alexxn

Fun in the Sun !
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Id say its out dated, but still a very good camera. The 75-300 is a very poor quality lense imo. Cheap in price because its cheap in quality. However $600 for that body is pretty much the standard. You can find people all over craigslist selling them for around that. Some come with battery grips and other extras. Id look around more. Id also try to find out how many shutter actuations it has on it before purchasing.

It was used so little it still has the plastic over the LCD screen...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: