Rayzor

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Spent last nite reading about Berghia Nudibranch to control aiptasia.....has anyone on this forum had any success with this approach....seems that some reefers share berghias when they are done clearing their tanks.....
Although I am in no way close to some of the hundreds or thousands of aiptasia overrunning some ppls tanks....i can already see how they can become problematic pretty quickly.....
Others seem to use peppermint shrimp to varying levels of success.....any thoughts?
My tanks still in cylce but im looking towards the future and maybe taking care of a problem before it really gets going.....much of what ive read is that it is better to take care of a problem like this before one starts filling their tank with livestock that can be irritated or even overrun.....:eat:

beerfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
You really don't want to add any livestock right now, so if you're looking for a method to eliminate them now, you can try kalk paste, vinegar or joe's juice injection. All of these will work, and are much easier when there is nothing in the tank yet.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: