Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Hey Everyone:

My company is an APC authorized dealer. If anyone wants to buy a UPS for power backup I would be willing to pass along our cost.

There are several UPS I could recommend. Basically we need to keep the circulation pump running.

Also, anyone read up on fuelcell technology? Supposedly it should be out and reasonably priced within the next couple of years. (One large propane tank can power a small house for several months.)

If anyone wants to get a UPS, give me a call:

-Alfred
212-405-2222
917-287-5512 (Cellular)

DallasNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I've been researching these myself.

Marrone..

Running time depends on the the pump wattage and the size of the UPS. UPSs are rated by thier VoltAmps. The VoltAmp number is usually included in the product name.

(pump watts) x (hours to run) x (1.6 factor) = UPS VoltAmp Rating

The 1.6 factor is what they use for computer equipment. The factor could be higher for pumps.

(www.apcc.com)
(www.refurbups.com/faq/faqdesc.asp?FaqID=17)

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
DallasNYC

My brother in law works from KeySpan and I need to talk with him about this as this is really his area. Also I've heard about gas power generators that would have worked during the power outage.

On another matter I was at Absoulty Fish and was talking to them about how long they where out during the power outage, they told me they where only out about 20min, which was lucky for them as they don't have any backup generator. This is really hard to believe, specially with all the tanks that they have and the livestock that they carry, that they would take such a chance of losing everything in a power outage.

Michael

DallasNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
A gas generator would be great. I just dont know how I'd be able to use one. Other than putting it out on the fire escape, and I don't think the neighbors would put up with the noise for long.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: