viplok

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
what does AMP in apex really mean??

first lets clear few grounds first

watt= amps x voltage

okay, so my 10watt pump should only pull 0.083 amp.

my apex shows .3 amp difference when i have that pump off.

skimmer 20watt
light 170w @40% max
mp10 x2 18W @50% max about 35 watt
return pump 40W @25% about 15 watt
co2 regulator 30w
ehiem pump 10w

178w total

EB8 1.9amp
eb8 2 1.6amp
3.5amp x 120v =420watt

?????? some 1 please chime in?:thanks:

viplok

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
arg! thanks widdy! i knew u will be the first 1 to answer any apex question.

i just turned off every thing in my apex and find out there is a .9amp and .6amp even when everything is off.

i guess i will recalibrate it when my next water change comes.

here is the code for ppl who experience same issue

1. Identify the Aquabus number of the EB8 or EB4 that you want to calibrate. If your EBx is numbered EB8_3 then the Aquabus number is 3.

2. Unplug everything from the EBx or at least make 100% certain it?s all turned off. This is critical. Whatever amperage the EBx is pulling when the calibration is run becomes the new zero point. You want to make sure it?s pulling 0.

3. Telnet into the controller and login with your userid and password.

4. Issue the following command: eb8zero n where ?n? is the Aquabus number of the EBx you want to calibrate. If you?re calibrating an EB4, the command is still ?eb8zero?. So using the above example of an EB that is known as ?EB8_3? the command would be ?eb8zero 3?. This command is case sensitive and should be entered in lower case as is shown. It executes immediately and there?s no confirmation or message when finished, just a new telnet prompt.

5. Quit telnet.

That?s it. Your EBx should now read the proper amperage load when devices are active.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: