Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello.

Have anyone use the api phos-zorb in the reef tank because i have a bad phosphate in my 72 gallon reef tank right now i have look online it very much say good thinks about it. Have any mr reefer u this in they tank lmk thanks.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
In a tank of 72 gallons you would want to add a reactor with GFO to get the phosphates under control..it would also be more economical in the long run.

Can you tell us more about the tank?
How old is it, what is your bioload and how often/how much are you doing water changes?
Let's start there...

thezar77

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In a tank of 72 gallons you would want to add a reactor with GFO to get the phosphates under control..it would also be more economical in the long run.

Can you tell us more about the tank?
How old is it, what is your bioload and how often/how much are you doing water changes?
Let's start there...

I am new in this hobby what exactly is a reactor with GFO? Thanks

bigyankfan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
I am new in this hobby what exactly is a reactor with GFO? Thanks

GFO is granular ferrous oxide (rust pellets) and you use it in a reactor - TLF makes one. You pump water into it slowly with a MJ400 and it tumbles the pellets. This process causes the phosphates to bind with the pellets and lowers the PO4 levels in your water (a good thing). Welcome fellow Staten Islander!

thezar77

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GFO is granular ferrous oxide (rust pellets) and you use it in a reactor - TLF makes one. You pump water into it slowly with a MJ400 and it tumbles the pellets. This process causes the phosphates to bind with the pellets and lowers the PO4 levels in your water (a good thing). Welcome fellow Staten Islander!

Thank you for the explanation and the welcome. Princes bay here. This site is awesome with really good knowledgable people.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: