JoJo9997

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any1 have any success/suggestions on how to dampen the noise created by this skimmer? The noise is completely unbearable but i would like to make it a little less noticeable.

aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
lol. Hey dude, I do have a solution for you. When you hold the remora towards you. Take the cup out. I hear you on that noise. Also check that your Maxijet is functioning properly. I am not sure which noise you are referring to.

What you want to do is block the left chamber. I used filter floss but what people do is they cut out a small piece of plastic (from a butter lid or something) and they put it there to block it.

JoJo9997

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for being vague. The noise I'm referring to is the flow from the PH into the right chamber. I'm confused on what to block? If you impede the flow in any way, wouldnt that reduce the effectiveness of the skimmer?

aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
It's not the flow that you are blocking. Lift the cup of the skimmer up. Skimmer pump is facing TOWARDS you. The Left Chamber doesn't affect any area of skimmer performance. It's just an empty space.

Here is a reference link of the DIY Fix. It makes it more clear.

If you still have questions let me know. But it's a quick 5 minute fix that fixes your sanity as well :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: