scubajay

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I?m looking to purchase an aquarium controller but I have a question. Since I use Eheim Jagr heaters and the heater goes on and off automatically once it reaches the set temperature. What would be the benefit of having the heaters connected to the controller if the heater already controls itself.

scubajay

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Noelskii, that is the reason why I usually have two heaters. If one fails the other will save me. But where does the controller come in if the heaters have build in thermometers. Im just trying to limit the amount of outlets that I use on the controller for more equipment that are not self controlled. Controllers usually come with 8 outlets that can be used. I will be having the following, 2 outlets lights, 2 outlets powerheads, 1 outlet skimmer, 2 water pumps, Fans. Thats already 8 outlets used, no room for heaters. I do not want to purchase another power bar module for the controller. What would be a better power configuration?

Rating - 98.6%
73   1   0
what size tank is this? what's the 2 water pumps for and maybe you can plug the skimmer somewhere else. you don't really need to control the skimmer, unless you do the feed mode on your controller.

i was trying to say is, if your heater fails (by staying on) then the controller can shut it off and prevent your corals/fish from boiling.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: