reeforme

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Randy,
the article made a little sense to me. i guess I could try it for my top off water since some was given to me. I still need to figure out what to do or what product to use to maintain my calcium and Alk levels. It's so confusing but, I'm not giving up!
There are so many products out there that will promise you results. I guess not knowing and lack of experince is what makes it the hardest. This site is full of excellent information so, I'm sure I will find the answer here.
Thanks,
Dale:?

randy holmes-farley

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yoiu're welcome.

Yes, if you have some already, I'd use it in top off water.

Depending on the demand in your tank for calcium and alkalinity, I'd choose one of three methods: limewater, CaCO3/CO2 reactors, or the two-part additives (like B-ionic).

reeforme

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Randy,
I think I will first go with the two part system and then I will add a reator, maybe even built my own. Do you recommen the B-Ionic over the Kent CB and the C-balance or does it matter and do I need to add trace element. Also I need to raise my calcium up in a hurry what do you recommen. I using the seachem reef complete in the powder form but, it's not working.
Thanks,
Dale

randy holmes-farley

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of the two part systems that you mention (and all others, for that matter), I've only used B-ionic. I have not made any determination that any one is better than the others. There are differences, however. The pH values, for example, are different, and there are even 2 different formulations of B-ionic that have different impacts on pH.

If you need to rapidly raise calcium, I'd use calcium chloride (like Kent's turbo calcium). Here's an article that describes solving calcium and alkalinity problems:

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/issues/nov2002/chem.htm

reeforme

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow!
What an article. Off to the fish store in the morning. This is a journey for me as the closest one is 55 miles oneway but well worth the trip. I may have to take a few days off from work and spend it on this site.
Thank you Sir,
Dale :D

reeforme

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:D Thanks to Randy and to the articles on this site I'm now A happy camper. I raise my calcium to 450 using reef complete and alk.to 3.5 with reef builder. I have been using B-ionic for three weeks now and my calcium level are 400-450 and alk 3.0-4.0.
It's times like this that makes me want to get rid of some of the furniture make room for a bigger tank.
Thanks to all,
Dale

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: