OOtzie

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I bought and installed the rapidled nano kit - http://www.rapidled.com/servlet/the-...ium-LED/Detail.

I set up the cree's in a circle with 4 white on the outside and 8 blue as the rest. I have a couple of questions -

- Was the set up pro blue a bad idea? and having white in the corners?

- Whats the best way to set up the lighting?

I have them running on a single ballast, which means I have no control or dimmer . . . and them lights are bright !?

- are the LEDs too close to my tank (they're built into the hood)

OOtzie

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
my lighting is setup -

w - b - b - w
b - - - - - b
b - - - - - b
w - b - b - w

additionally, I look at nano setups like kidninja's ( whoa !) and he's using stock lighting.
When I had stock lighting I had excellent growth and with "superior" LED's I have no growth just nice popping colors/shimmer.

In the event of me switching back to stock lighting would my corals be greatly effected ?

CONSTANTNE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I dont have experience with LEDs but it would probably be better to have a dimmer to acclimate the corals to the LEDs. Also, try contacting Rapidled. They seem to be very helpful when I email them questions I have.

Maybe someone else has good advice

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
raise lighting if possible until and lower it down a little by little or if there is some type of ac/dc adapter you can get to lower the amount of electricity that goes to the driver. (im not sure maybe someone can chime in)

OOtzie

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
well I'm running 12 on a bc14 and I personally think the lighting is too strong. Initially my bullseye colonies cooked and all the newest corals I added were doing well, now most if not all my bullseye shrooms are barely opened. The zoas use to like it but I dont know if my flameback is picking at them currently or my shrimp is annoying them, either way those are barely opened, and my parameters are just fine. I'm at my wit's end.

The only corals that are thriving is my hairy mushroom and my hammer & frogspawn.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: