ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
depends on how many really. i have a 36" actinic reef brite and its not going to really increase growth that much, but more of add the led shimmer look and 1 strip can pierce through 6-t5 bulbs. i had it on a tek elite 6 bulb, and the reef brite is so bright you can easily see a difference when i turned it off and on. i mean, if you get several reef brites like ocean gallery II has over there big new shallow reef set up, its the reef brite fixture which consists of 5 reef brites together, then yes, it can grow and have coral thrive. but 1 strip...more for visual effects.

Last edited by a moderator:

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
that may be a little rough. i mean, leathers and shrooms and zoas may be happy, but for a full reef may be tough... why not a nice t5 fixture and get an actinic reef brite just to spark the accent the blue coloration from the reef brite...

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Heating the tank too much? I have a 57 gallon with a 6 bulb t5, a reef brite, 3 true lumen led strips, and a heater in....

What are you worried about with the heat? The LEDs? Or the t5? If t5s, T5 give off very minimal heat

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: