Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony.Luciano710

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
ok so i have a friend. i dont want to mention names. but i tell him hes getting fish to big for his tank and he doesnt want to listen. so can you just tell me if im right or wrong so i can show him this thread with hopefully alot of pro reefers agreeing with me. his tank is about a month old and he has 2 clownfish, a hippo tang, a yellow tang, a sleeper goby, a domino, and im not sure if he still has the chromis. but i just dont think that those 2 tangs will survive in a 55 gallon. also he doesnt want to quarantine because he says the store treats them there but i told him it doesnt matter. and hes mixing alot of different lps and sps with 3.9 watts per gallon of t-5 light and only 1 powerhead, a seaclone 100 protein skimmer and a fluval 405. so can you tell me if my advice is right or not. thanks.

fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I would say it sounds like he'll learn after all his stuff dies!! You should just have him start reading all the great posts on this forum so he can learn from other peoples experience. If he dosent wanna listen then theres really nothing you can do!

Levito

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
after 1 month, he still shouldn't have ANY fish in his tank, let a lone all that you mentioned. it's likely the rock in his tank won't support the bio load he's added for very long, but it's possible.
It's also possible the 2 tangs will survive in a 55, but they'll get aggressive, and it's also cruel as tangs love to swim out in open space and 36" of water length isn't enough.

Jzhou

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
2 tangs is somewhat pushing it when they get larger. But people are stubborn. If he refuses to listen, let him learn the hard way. Its not fair for the fish, but that doesn't stop people.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
tell &*^%$## we are calling the police on him if he doesnt clear out some of the fish, not hard to figure out who it is just looking at ur friend list

Last edited:

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
He really needs to lighten the bioload of that tank. Tangs need lots of room to swim and eat alot. This means they poop alot and that makes them nitrate factories after the fact. That domino is going to get really mean as it grows as well. I would get the CHromis out as well. They will pick on each other until there is only one left then it and the clowns or the domino or all of them will have a battle royal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: