• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
It's been 24 hours and there is a noticable improvement in skimming. The mod was very easy to do although getting the venturi piece into the uniseal was much harder to do then appears on all the "DIY Recirc Mod" sites. You really have to force it in place which is important because pushing the venturi in causes the uniseal to flare out which makes the seal tight against the acrylic.

Anyway, pics are all anyone cares about anyway. On to the pic goodness......

Attachments

• PICT0096.JPG
    PICT0096.JPG
    163.4 KB · Views: 128
  • PICT0098.JPG
    PICT0098.JPG
    136.2 KB · Views: 129
  • PICT0102.JPG
    PICT0102.JPG
    127 KB · Views: 125
  • PICT0105.JPG
    PICT0105.JPG
    140 KB · Views: 125
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
looks good. i rememba seeing the hole for that mod u did on the cyclinder part of the skimmer not up so high but hey if it works then great..... what are u feeding ur tank blood :eek: :lol2:.. great work fritz... challahhhhhhhhh...

fritz

Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
HAHAHA the red is from the flash/anti red eye setting on the camera. Honestly in person it's kind of green but in the photos it's orange!?

I drilled the feed hole so high because it seemed like a good spot. I figure it was as far from the out port of the skimmer as I could go (and hoped it wouldn't interfere with the riser tube.) I also figured it would be cheaper to replace if I goofed!

It seems to work well but I wish I could compare it with the feed being lower.

fritz

Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
It very well might, it's too hard to tell with the bubbles flying around. I figured if it didn't work I could order a replacement for it but now I can't find one online.

It seems like deltec and everyone else mounts it near the top of the skimmer body. Oh well, hopefully I'm on to something. It seems good so far...... (fingers crossed)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: