Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Thanks guys for your comments. The penguin was adorable, he couldn't stop himself seeing so many fish:)
Josh, the tour was self-guided so I can't tell you what was what:). The big black thing that's 10 feet tall is a skimmer for the reef tank. You can also see calcium reactors and vodka that they are dosing into the tank.

solo

Got Vodka?
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
The penguin looked overwhelmed and couldn't decide what he wanted to try to eat first.

Thanks guys for your comments. The penguin was adorable, he couldn't stop himself seeing so many fish:)
Josh, the tour was self-guided so I can't tell you what was what:). The big black thing that's 10 feet tall is a skimmer for the reef tank. You can also see calcium reactors and vodka that they are dosing into the tank.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
I went this weekend and the reef tank is amazing. The anemone tank is very cool as well. The sea horse tank is cool, my gf wouldnt shut up for hours about how she wants a sea horse.

Ha, I'm on the same boat, my gf wants seahorses badly. I explained to her the amount of effort one has to put to keep these, but she still talks about them from time to time. Problem is, I would like to keep them as much as she does:)

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
Problem is, I would like to keep them as much as she does:)

I gave in to that desire once, 1 week later it was dead....but I was not ready for something that delicate & difficult. I will not waste another life trying to learn how to keep them (I am only able to learn so much from reading, hands on is vital for me).

I also really wanted to climb the wall....but there was a line. Monkeys were cool and unexpected!

I am bringing my 2 yr old niece there in 2 weeks, as she will love the place.

My father saw the reef tank and said, "this is the kind of tank you need", this coming from a man who instantly tells me "I don't care" when I discuss fish tank related things

How did you get the "self guided tour"?

Last edited:

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
and for the record, this guy is massive, "objects in image are much larger than they appear", he is like 10"-14" if I recall correctly.
wrasse.jpg

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
How did you get the "self guided tour"?

By attending NERAC in March. The maintenance room was open so I sneaked in. No, seriously, anyone that stayed at the dinner could see the backbone of the tank. I haven't seen the other tanks equipment though, I hope one day Joe will show it to me. I am very interested how they are running their freshwater tanks.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: