32Bit_Fish

Do anyone here hatch their own baby brine shrimp? Can anyone recommend some eggs for hatching? What brand?

Thanks

basiab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
I use Brine Shrimp Direct not only for the eggs but for some food as well. They have an interesting one called GP which they used to call golden pearls. What I like about it is it stays in the water column a long time. My fish will not touch anything once it hits the bottom.

I have a can that is a few years old and the stuff still hatches but at a low rate probably around 50% now. I am not sure how much it would cost to send you a few spoon fulls (for me that would last a month) but if you send me a self addressed envelope with 2 bucks I will send it to you so you can get an idea what it is like. I will also give you easy instructions.

Just keep in mind that brine shrimp has nutritional value for only about 6 hours after hatching. You can tell when they are still new born because they have an orangy color when grouped together. After that it has almost no value unless you can gut load them.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: