juiceguy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I been seeing this method by Fauna Marin popping up more often lately. It requires the mixture of 4? of the main elements cal, alk and 2 types of mag into 3 separate containers and dosed accordingly to your tanks needs.

Has anyone tried this method on here?

juiceguy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
with anything that comes out of Europe $ always becomes a factor because of the dollar. i just wanted to know if anyone has tried this method.

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
The balling method has been around for a while, Fauna Marin just started to make the dosing system in a bottled prepackaged form. Your going to accomplish the same thing using Bionic + mag and the ESV salt mix. And if you really need the extra heavy metals and iodine dosing you can use the stuff from ESV for iodide and the iron/heavy metal suppliments from Brightwell for that but your most likely not gonna need it. It wasn't hard to make DIY too, people used to do the same with 2 part before bionic became so popular. Only difference is that it automatically took care of mag as well as some trace elements, was documented with results, and had calculated amounts to dose thanks to Hans-Werner Balling.

ESV = ALOT easier to get than fauna products here in the states. I used to use fauna for a few things and they are impossible to get sometimes. So unless things changed recently or will change be prepared to use it for a month or two then go crazy trying to find more for a few months before they ship more here.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: