dieselboy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know a lot of NorCal people probably know this, but we don't get much in the way of SPS', so I went to Aquatic Reflections earlier today out in Dublin just to check it out(I know it's a long drive, but it's well worth it, trust me). Woah, damn! If you haven't seen Robert's tanks, they're something to see, definitely. I picked up two really nice pieces (a baby blue/purple tipped A. loripes, and another Acro I can't ID), but if I had deeper pockets (oh well...), I would've got much, much more. If you go to L.A. and see their stock (which is really nice and varied), this place will remind you of some of the best stores down south. Prices aren't inflated and very fair, unlike another well known store. Robert's a real cool guy, and IMO, has the best selection of SPS' I've seen in a very long time here in the Bay (at least in the last 14 years of my reef-keeping life here). If you know about the quality and variety of stuff they get over in L.A., Robert's selection is pretty damn close. From what I understand, he also has a good relationship with one of the exporters for the Solomon disks that Bob Mankin used to get, so some stuff can be hand picked if you had a preference for a certain species...(but don't quote me)
icon_razz.gif
It's about time we got some quality stuff, and this place had it all...check it out...I promise you won't be disappointed. And no, I have no financial interest, yada yada yada....just very impressed with the whole visit and want to let everyone in the Bay Area know about it....and I don't impress easily.
icon_smile.gif

Jazzcat

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Address and cross street? Business hours? Thanks!
icon_smile.gif

Did you see a purple sea blade there (gorgonian)? I've been looking for one.

dieselboy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like Reefer Dude said, yes, that is their website, and all the contact info is on it. But just in case, I'll post it here anyway...as far as an address goes, the place is actually at his apartment (garage, cheaper for him and customers...similar to how Bob Mankin had his setup), but he's usually home. I asked about his hours, he told me that as long as you call first (925-570-5665) and make sure he's home (which he almost always is), he can make arrangements to meet with you, 7 days a week. It's in Dublin, just off the 580S, on 5050 Hacienda Dr.#822 (Hacienda is an exit off the freeway, so it's not hard to find at all).

Jazzcat, no I didn't see any gorgonians, but I'm more than certain that Rob could get one for you within a week or two.

Reefer Dude, this place blows the Aquarium away.
icon_smile.gif

BTW, a lot of the items for sale aren't on the website for some reason. Yesterday they had about 20 or so Solomon SPS', blue and purple carpet anemones, some huge (7-8")Platygyra sp. brains, and some other rare stuff, none of which was on the website last time I checked. FYI, they mostly do SPS, but there are some LPS and softies (they had a red/maroon Goniopora there yesterday). The rare top notch stuff *can* be pricey, but it is regular asking price compared to other places (if they can even get it). HTH

Tom44

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering what was up with RR. I first saw their add several months ago in FAMA. I work in Pleasanton and I know right where that address is and I could not for the life of me figure out how a company could be located there. I got he impression that it was strictly an internet company. Now I have to stop by. BTW beating The Aquarium at anything is not hard to do. Prices are WAY too high to cover their overhead or profit margin or both. I have been visting them for 8 years and have only bought a tank stand when I got a really good deal on it. For most stuff Aquarium Concepts is the only place that fills my needs in the BA.

RENE

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard about this place over a week ago,A friend told me that they have the Best SPS in the Bay Area.....

I may have to take a Road-Trip.....

RENE.............

Red Leader

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

Since everyone that has responded in this thread is fron No. Cali could I ask everyone here a favor? Would you guys submit a review of any of the local fish stores for my site? It needs more reviews of LFS in the North Bay and more on the saltwater side of the hobby. The link is the second link down below.

Red Leader
------------------------------------------------------
My webpage: http://members.aol.com/d0nxd0n/index.html
San Francisco Bay Area LFS Review page: http://www.geocities.com/LFSinSFO/Lfs.html

dieselboy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO, Robert's place beats Aquarium Concepts. Not even a contest. Here's something to put it in perspective...what I saw on Sunday was what would happen if you took the best stuff ever from Reef Science AND the best ever stuff Aquarium Concepts, and put them together on the same day, in the same store. Additionally, he told me it wasn't even his best day with regard to stock. He said that earlier in the week, he had a huge orange M. capricornis the size of a dinner plate.....
icon_eek.gif
Believe me when I say that it is WELL worth the road trip. There's even an In-n'-Out right by his place, just like at Reef Science...;p ...in likelyhood this will be the only place I'll buy SPS' from in the future.....

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: