Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm setting up a new 90 gallon reef tank with a DIY overflow box. This will be my first tank without a HOB overflow box, so this is all new to me. I've done all the plumbing, but I can't seem to find the answers to 2 simple questions:
1)Do you glue the u-tubes and safety into the standpipe bulkheads in the overflow box, or do you just use friction to hold them in? I read somewhere you don't glue them in case you have to clean a snail or something out of there (but I can't find the article).
2) My open channel is 1/2" higher in the box than the siphon; I have the 1/4" flexible tube drilled and sealed into the top of the u-tube, but I don't know how far to extend the tube into the overflow box. Should it be the same level as the mouth of the open channel?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took an aerial view of the overflow box and I laid out the overflow u tubes. I think I got them attached to this message--never did that before. IF not, let me know and I'll try again. Thanks again for your help.

Attachments

• IMG_0053.JPG
    IMG_0053.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_0055.JPG
    IMG_0055.JPG
    20.1 KB · Views: 186

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: