bigdog1428

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 88.1%
59   8   0
hello everyone,,,,im looking for a refergium or a sump tank,,,,can somone explain the differences to me ,,,,i have a 72 bow ,,and am currently running only a canister filter ,,,im looking for a refergium or a sump,,,,looks like im going to have a custom one made. but i dont how big i should go. thank you in advance

p.s my tank is not drilled

bigdog1428

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 88.1%
59   8   0
lol,,,i was thinkin a 55 gallon refergium,,,lol and i still cant spell it right ,,, so i guess im goin custom built then ,,,,,,anybody know the size of specs for a 55 gallon. i guess i can put my skimmer in there too now and get it off the back of my tank

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
You can Google Refugium/Sump yourself.I would suggest a 20 gal ,30 or 40 breeder.
I would not recommend a 55 gal because of the hight ,you might not be able to get your hand in it when it's under you're tank.You will need about 12'' of clearance from the top of the sump to the top of the stand.

rkaragozler

Newbiee 4 Ever
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Find out what your dimensions are at the ends of your stand first, then go from their, I have a bow front too and I had to have mine custom made to fit, +1, for height. My skimmer would not fit in my stand now it sits outside

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: