SteveZ15

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
I Want My System To Be Better I Have A 40B And A 17 Gal Sump Refug Would It Benefit To Go Bare Bottom In Fuge .I Run Rowa In Reactor And 2Bags Chemi Pure Elite 5 Gal Wc Once AwWeek. What Else Can I Do To Better My System For Sps. Some Corals Are Great Wile Some Are Just Ok.. I Have Good Water Quality But Phos Less Than.05 Nitrates .02_.05 I Run Mh T5.. I Think I Need Some Fine Tuning What Can I Do To improve

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
Sounds like you are doing everything right. I would just remain patient and continue with your steady routine. I thing I noticed is you run Rowa and Chemi-pue elite. You can save yourself a little $$$ and just run plain old chemi-pure or just carbon. The "elite" just means they add some PO4 remover to the Chemi-pure so you are double dipping there.

SteveZ15

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Can you help me with this I got home and found a acro rtn bad.I changed the rowa a few days ago but does 5ml xtra of alk to avoid the dip I tested the next day alk was fine at 8 which I usualy have it. It was a newer mariculture acro I didnt have bone snips to frag so I tossed it this is my first coral loss besides a few zoas that got eaten i think.IT has been 3 days since the rowa was changed,found rtn today..What am I doing wrong is there a specific way to change rowa in reactor, I wait till I see algae on glass then change .its the second time I change it since tank is up..Should I stick to a monthly change schedule and mabe use less media so the change wont affect the drop in phos too fast..If any body can suggest anything I really need to learn from this loss and what I did wrong I havent had any problems except some corals grow and color better than others.I search and read lots of articals but most are too scientific,understandable but dont give insight on how to manage the issues.Also how long does everyone let the water change water sit before using..I gonna invest in a digital ph meter mabe I am doing something wrong when I swap water..Thankz SteveZ

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Can you help me with this I got home and found a acro rtn bad.I changed the rowa a few days ago but does 5ml xtra of alk to avoid the dip I tested the next day alk was fine at 8 which I usualy have it. It was a newer mariculture acro I didnt have bone snips to frag so I tossed it this is my first coral loss besides a few zoas that got eaten i think.IT has been 3 days since the rowa was changed,found rtn today..What am I doing wrong is there a specific way to change rowa in reactor, I wait till I see algae on glass then change .its the second time I change it since tank is up..Should I stick to a monthly change schedule and mabe use less media so the change wont affect the drop in phos too fast..If any body can suggest anything I really need to learn from this loss and what I did wrong I havent had any problems except some corals grow and color better than others.I search and read lots of articals but most are too scientific,understandable but dont give insight on how to manage the issues.Also how long does everyone let the water change water sit before using..I gonna invest in a digital ph meter mabe I am doing something wrong when I swap water..Thankz SteveZ

Hang in there Steve, it happens brother. I slightly overdoses magnesium about a week ago and browned a few of my corals and another one seems dead. A few water changes later and it seems better. I would change the GFO once a month. I let my water sit usually for 24 hours before using it. It seems to me like you are on the right track with the water changes and maintenance routine. Hope this helps.

Dk638

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
140   0   0
I have noticed stn 2 times after gfo change, not sure why but I have since took it offline and phosphate has not gone up. I'd like to hear some scientific info on why this happens myself. I say take it off and test phosphate every day see if anything changes. Good luck

SteveZ15

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Hang in there Steve, it happens brother. I slightly overdoses magnesium about a week ago and browned a few of my corals and another one seems dead. A few water changes later and it seems better. I would change the GFO once a month. I let my water sit usually for 24 hours before using it. It seems to me like you are on the right track with the water changes and maintenance routine. Hope this helps.
Thanks Im leaning toward the rowa thats the only thing I done different ..

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: