A

Anonymous

The Big Reef Project has had water in it since February, 2000. It is a 34 gal. 3 ft. Lt. blue back acrylic tank with a 10 gal. glass sump partitioned like a EcoSystem sump so it has a refugium with live suger-fine sand and 5 lbs. of live rock (LR).

The 34 gal. display tank is lighted with two 55 watt PC (daylight and blue)on a timer with a 2 foot standard actinic for day/night transition. 30 lbs of LR and 50 lbs of live sand activated w/ GARF Grunge for biological filtration. A surface skimmer collects water for the C siphon/overflow equipted w/ a Durso stand-pipe. The water travels down a 1-1/2 flexible tube to the sumps 1st chamber that is a staging area for the CPR Bak Pak Skimmer, then to the refugium then to the pump chamber where it is pushed back up to the tank by a RIO 2100. Make up water is regulated by a "Nurce"-type system. Make-up water is Kent Kalkwasser.

My pH runs at about 8.0 mornings and 8.2 by evening. Alk is 1.1 meq/l calcium is around 350, Ammonia, Nitrate, Nitrite are all ZERO. Spacific gravity is 1.024 @ 78 F.

I have three fish: 2 False Clowns and a Green chrimus.
Inverts include a dozen snails, a Long-tenticled Anemone, Cup coral, Hammer, Open brain, and a Red Tree sponge.

To see the my tank go to www.bigreefproject.homepage.com

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: