ChrisRD

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, I can't answer your question as I don't use either product. Just thought I would mention that, personally, I prefer not to use random additives. I think they are unnecessary, and I don't like adding anything I'm not testing for.

IMO, Ca/Alk supplementation, feeding and regular water changes should provide your reef with all that it needs.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I strongely disagree with ChrisRD. I will add any supplement/additive if the bottle contains any word that I don't understand. I encourage you to get the Lucky Moonshine, UV Magic Colorup, R++HIV, and my personal favorite, MicroSoft DOSER. ;)

ChrisRD

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dawn,

Ignore DM's response, he was kidding (he likes to be a wiseguy at times...;) )

IMO you don't need any additional supplementation beyond maybe some kalkwasser or a two-part additive like B-Ionic to keep your Ca and Alk levels up.

If you have sufficient lighting, feed regularly, do regular water changes and keep water quality high, your corals will do well.

Rlumenator

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that I have added some mushroom anenomes and leathers, how do I know they are getting enough to eat- especially with the protien skimmer supposidly taking so much out? I have three fish in the tank currently- regal tang and two gobies ( also snails and hermits). Thank you.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for not making the wink obvious enough and confused you.

With sufficien lighting, the mushrooms and leathers should do well without target feeding. They are not very demanding when it comes to light requirement either, and that's why they often are some of the beginner's corals that many people suggest.

Regarding your question, if they expanding well, and are growing, they are getting enough to "eat." Again, they are mostly photosynethetic, so you don't have to target feed them.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: