bigfootsdamsels

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi im breeding my false percs but i need to know what they will eat i have frozen hikari enriched rotifers and hakari frozen artemia i also have a breeding pair of yellowtail damels and some solid blue damsels i cant keep the damsels alive longer than 1 day where am i going wrong? any ideas i have heard rotifers are too big for them anything smaller exist that you can get? pleas help........ luke

Coraldynamics

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most fry (esp. clownfish) require a live first food. Rotifers are the choice of breeders. You will need to get a culture going of Rotifers, and feed keep them fed with Nanno algae. Most folks use Instant Algae (that don't want the mess of culturing their own algae).

I use rotifers (L strain) from Florida Aqua Farms and Instant Algae from Reed Mariculture (called Rotifer Diet).

After about 4 days Perc/Ocellaris larvae can accept newly hatched baby brine shrimp to get them through metamorphosis. Then start weening them onto prepared foods- - finely crushed flake, cyclopeeze, etc...

Hope this helps.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: