fatlip574

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where and what brand of brine can i buy that is higher quality than the normal sallys mix thats at the local fish store? Or is sallys ok? I want to feed Banggai fry, and my baby shimp.
thanks,
cc

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you mean brine shrimp? As in eggs? Cysts? I use Brine Shrimp Direct. Don't get the decapsulated, they don't hatch.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the Great Salt Lake artemia best, after seeing it up close and personal. The cysts are larger than the San Francisco bay version, the artemia themselves are huge and multicolored.

Just my opinion, being a local Great Salt Lake artemia grower. You outta see the food these shrimp feast on!

I also think the quality, at least the hatch rate, depends on the age of the cyst. If you order now, you will get this springs cysts. If you wait until mid winter, you will get this seasons. But, they have a shelve life of a few years, so you should be fine ordering now. I would order the large can, because with S&H the price will be similar tot he smaller portion, and you can feed the leftovers to your corals.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: