Reefsaint

Reefmonkey on my back!
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEwwwwwwwwww! Sticky looking!
Glad im not in there its gonna get all over every thing!
The way its curled up looks as if it needs a smoke after that!!
Greats shot!:lol:

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Actually Reefsaint - the corals love it when the bristles are spawning..to them, they are supplying them with food.

It's gotten to the point where I can induce this spawing behavior if I do a water change a day or so prior to the full moon..and then stay up late to watch the spawning.
Although I know the sperm is pink, it is not that obvious in my 120 and usually just makes the tank look cloudy afterwards.
But...in my 33 g cube, I've seen them do it during the evening (I run my lights on a different cycle on that tank)..the sperm is almost hot pink in color! One of these days maybe I'll have the camera ready when it happens in there! :)

...and I think their version of having a smoke is that little dance they do afterwards on the corals...go figure..must be troublesome to light a match under all that water...lol

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Ironic that this thread just popped up the other day..and here I am tonight..after doing a water change this morning..and whamo...I turned around and just found my tank looking like this...
IMG_2009.jpg

They must have spawned again :)
I know the moon is either full tonight or very close to it! Nothing like having predictable worms :)
Wished I'd seen them at it (...for the sake of picture taking....)- it looks like it was quite the party! :party:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: