Eduardo B

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear all,
A few days ago, I received an acroporas importation form FIJI, 12 beautiful pieces, 2 of them in very bad conditions. The cause was that the interior nylon bags were burst and the newspaper that is between the bags contaminates the water with ink and other papers contaminating substances, and on top of that, the paper absorbs half of the water inside the bag, leaving the coral exposed.
So I was looking for a post that deal with this kind of problems, but I didn’t find anything specific, so I am asking for your help in order to increase the information about this problem and send it to the origin frags producers to minimize the losses for this cause. Thanks in advance for your time and attention.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eduardo, it's terrible to hear that the frags arrived in that condition. If it were me, I would try to get them into the cleanest water I could, ASAP. Hopefully it would be of a sufficient volume to deal with die-off of polyps, otherwise, in absence of that, many water changes would be in order. I would not light too aggressively at this point, either, but neither be neglectful of providing sufficient light for zooxanthellae to, hopefully, begin activity again. Foam fractionation during this time, just like when curing live rock and similar, is your friend.

Perhaps others more experienced in saving corals long term, rather than only long enough to get them moved through to market, can chime in here.

Raskal311

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this your first Acro shipment? I've never had a problem with newspaper ink. If its only 12 pieces you likely ordered through a transship company so I could just notify them.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm rather curious what the RDO admins have to say about their rather noticeable LACK of participation in a thread where they could actually offer some useful information. That would be refreshing to see, instead of quickly denigrating the information to be found on ReefCentral, where the mods/admins seem to actually make an effort to keep the boards clean of spam and answer reefkeeping questions. What a concept!

Dead in a year, this place will only be held up by The Sump.

Eduardo, I think you'll reach more people and find more answers there.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well Sea's'ned":2uk62885 said:
I'm rather curious what the RDO admins have to say about their rather noticeable LACK of participation in a thread where they could actually offer some useful information. That would be refreshing to see, instead of quickly denigrating the information to be found on ReefCentral, where the mods/admins seem to actually make an effort to keep the boards clean of spam and answer reefkeeping questions. What a concept!

Perhaps he would have found more help in the general section. I doubt many retailers and wholesalers want to help someone who transhipped stuff for his personal tank.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Snailman":vao8whmy said:
Well Sea's'ned":vao8whmy said:

Perhaps he would have found more help in the general section. I doubt many retailers and wholesalers want to help someone who transhipped stuff for his personal tank.

THIS!!!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: