lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Theres no point to teflon tape. The threads on the outside of the bulkhead is not where its going to leak. As far as silicone, i've heard silicone grease not regular silicone and an extra 1/4 turn with channel locks.

mskvarenina

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the TFT paste worked like a charm. No leaks! Tank is full of water now and running nicely.

Attachments

• Day 1.jpg
    Day 1.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 136

mskvarenina

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a liquid form more or less of Teflon tape. I just squeezed it out from the tube onto the threads putting some on the female and the rest all round the male just like Teflon tape and screwed the 2 together. It's been several days now and nothing is leaking. Definitely a lot easier than Teflon tape!

edd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
It's a liquid form more or less of Teflon tape. I just squeezed it out from the tube onto the threads putting some on the female and the rest all round the male just like Teflon tape and screwed the 2 together. It's been several days now and nothing is leaking. Definitely a lot easier than Teflon tape!

so its the same stuff i mentioned. it works well, but hard to disassemble.
glad it work out.

mskvarenina

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, same stuff. Well I'm hoping I never have to disassemble but I purchased a spare set of both bulkheads and connected the piping to unions so I could easily disassemble and replace a bulkhead if I could not break the seal.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: