cerreta

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
375 sounds like a great deal. I just set mine up two weaks ago, and the Pinpoint controller is very accuarate, but I have yet to figure out exactling how to set the Hi and Lo points. This is very confusing and I'm sure other products have a better way of doing this. The instructions said something about setting a point and than a range, but the actual trigger point for the solenoid is a calculated avg not the setpoint. Anyhow, I did it wrong, becasue I wanted it to trigger the solenoind off at 6.8 but it was working today with a pH of 6.6. I used outlet one, like the instructions said. If you figure this out, please let me know. Other than this I have been very pleased.
As for your regulator, turn the handle counter clockwise to release spring tension. Without the regulator attached, open the Co2 tank a good 1/4 to 1/2 turn to blast out any debris sitting in the outlet area (you should always do this after refills, it will prevent debris from damaging the regulator. Then, attached the regulator and turn the handle clockwise until you create a pressure of 10-15 psi or 10-15cfh. Then plug in your solenoid (directly to the wall, not the controller). Open the needle valve and make sure a good amount of gas exits. Test complete. Now complete the rest of your reactor assembly. Make sure you have hte working pressure set between 10-15, it may change on you a few times until you get the needle valve set appropriately. Be sure to use teflon tape on all connections. Any leaks will be difficult to locate and you will notice changes in your bubble rate every other day or so. So just prevent it and you won't have to do excessive tinkering with the needle valve later on.
Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Scott

Vinman

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Cerreta, that explains it alot! As for the pinpoint controller, I am lead to believe that you set the upper and lower limits and the center range will be your target. One outlet will fire when it hits the high point and the other will fire when the low limit happens. Have you tried the other outlet? I haven't hooked mine up yet, have to find the C02 tank first
icon_sad.gif
and as soon as I get it going I will get back to you! Your right though, the pinpoint manual could be alot clearer!

Vinman

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cerreta, one more thing, on the manual it said that it had a tolerance of I believe
of + or - .1 so it could well be firing at your target of 6.6 even though your upper limit is 6.8. Who knows?

Vinman

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone give me pointers on how to attach a dual gauge regulator to a c02 tank? I know offhand it seems easy enough but in reading the instructions they seems to point out I want to release the pressure on the adjusting spring before opening the cylinder valve otherwise my diaphragm might be damaged. What exactly do I need to do? I see a big adjustment screw in the center of the regulator, does it mean have to turn it counterclockwise before I turn the c02 tank valve open? And if so how much do I need to open the release spring? I used to scuba 10 yrs ago and kind of remember attaching scuba regulators to scuba tanks . Kinda the same priciple here? Sorry for the long winded question but I want to make sure I do it right before I "blow" up my regulator. The regulator is a Genstar Technologies dual guage with needle valve. I got that from Jeffs Exotic with a K2R reactor WITH media for 375! Hope I got a good deal. Thanks in advance for any info!

Vinman

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to mention the regulator also has a magnetic solenoid that I will be using with my Pinpoint PH controller. Is that controller decent?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: