arthurk0722

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
so i have a hanna meter for alk and i like the way it works, nice and easy.

I use salifert for calc, mag and p04. Since I'm running out of my calc test kit I'm going to want to buy a new one. Should i stick to salifert or is there any other test kit thats more reliable/accurate?

Thanks

Boomer

Bomb Technician (EOD)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may like the way the Hanna works but that does not mean if gives the correct reading. There have been many issues with that meter and I no not know if it is fixed yet. They changed their own instructions a couple of times.

Salifert is fine or the new Red SeaPro.

arthurk0722

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
You may like the way the Hanna works but that does not mean if gives the correct reading. There have been many issues with that meter and I no not know if it is fixed yet. They changed their own instructions a couple of times.

Salifert is fine or the new Red SeaPro.

i bought the red sea pro test kit, I'm just waiting for it to come in. Since you are saying that hanna has had/ have issues, what test kid would you prefer for alk? For mag, and p04 i use salifert. Is salifert for alk trustworthy or not?

Boomer

Bomb Technician (EOD)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes the Salifert . It is the only Alk kit that actually measures the ture Alk of Seawater. Most Alk kits are FW, which miss about 10% of the Alk. Meaning they read 10% low. So, if your kit reads 10 Dkh, you really have about 11Dkh.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: