lrasser

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I'm currently running a 125g mixed reef tank. I've been doing reefs for over a decade but never got into sps until now. I'm looking for a little assistance in the process of keep up my cal level. Currently my alk stays between 8-9 but my cal keeps dropping down to around 380. If i do a decent size water change it goes up to around 400-420 but drops back down in about a week. I've added about a dozen sps frags over the past few months and it seems there starting to setttle in and use my cal. Ive been reading up on reactors, dosers etc and my head is about to spin. I'm looking for the most stable and consistant way to maintain my proper cal level and any advice would be greatly appreciated. I would rather do this right the first time!

lrasser

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
62   0   0
ive tried reading up on calcium reacctors. Seems like the most stable way to go but the info out there seems really confusing. I'm sure the concept is pretty easy but everyone seems to try and make it rocket science. How long do the CO2 tanks last? how long does the media last?

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: