• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
On a 10 day California to Oregon trip this week... will be attending a very close friend's wedding in Napa Valley. So we figured since we're out here, we would make a vacation out of it. We'll head north towards The Redwood Forest, cross over into Oregon and up to Portland. Our (wife and I) journey started in San Francisco on 4/14/2011. First stop after picking up the rental car is no other than:

DSC_3695.jpg

DSC_3794.jpg

DSC_3835.jpg

DSC_3716.jpg

AcodofScience-JF-1.jpg

...and one of my favorite speakers.
AcodofScience-RR-1.jpg

AcodofScience-7.jpg

AcodofScience-6.jpg

AcodofScience-5.jpg

Much thanks to Mo~idol for helping me post process the aquarium pictures. I couldn't get the correct color balance, and Steve did a wonderful job without even being there to color reference. Steve, bring your kids to the Academy of Sciences, they will ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!

Day 2-3 (Napa Valley)

Sterling Vineyard
Sterling-1.jpg

Shot from gondola going up to Sterling
Sterling-2.jpg

Another shot from gondola
Sterling-3.jpg

Day 4 (Eureka, California)

Pictures to be posted.

Day 5 (Gold Beach, Oregon) - today! just arrived and checked in.

Pictures to be posted.

Last edited:

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Day 6 - Whale Cove Inn, Depoe Bay, OR

View from room balcony, no sightings of whales or dolphins. But pods are frequently seen here during migration.

WhaleCoveInn-1.jpg

WhaleCoveInn-2.jpg

Reserved for days 7-10.

Pictures to be taken :wink1:

Last edited:

skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
awesome... I went up that way last winter... great driving roads up there... and heading into Oregon is fun if you are into the long twisty roads and you have a nice sports sedan or coupe.
just saying... ;)

Enjoy!

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Thanks Steve/Ron... I wish Steve... unfortunately I wasn't in the LA area, or I would definitely picked up some SPS... maybe I'll make separate trip to LA later this year :shhh:

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Having a fantastic time... thanks.

Unfortunately, he was away on vacation as well. :sigh: perhaps next time... I will definitely return and spend more time at the Academy. I was on a schedule this time :(

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: