DrCooper

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Hey everyone, I figured there are a ton of people on here with great camera skills (nun chuck skills, you know girls like guys with skills) so would ask for help.

I just started learning how to take nice (i think) shots with my canon powershot S3 IS. All of a sudden when i got to take shots of my tank without flash close up when i shot the LCD goes blank as if it shot a blank picture. I go to take a normal far away shot with flash on and it shoots normal;
I called Canon they said it needs to be serviced.
Anyone have any ideas because the service costs like over 100 bucks so I may just buy a new camera

Thanks for anyone who reads this

Cooper

DontXtripNfall

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
try going into menu and look for a reset all setting, one time with my s5is i hit sumthng to make the pic display in a bluish tone but the pic would come out normal.. rlly weird but that fixed it

QUESTIONMARC

www.Questionmarc.com
Rating - 100%
376   0   0
its simply a matter of exposure..

when you are far away.. the flash lights the scene and takes a normal photo..

when you move in close.. and you have no flash.. the ISO is probably set to match teh flash.. which CANNOT measure the or meet the tank light.. so it is showing it as a non exposed shot.. HENCE.. the black screen..

you need to raise the iso.. on the camera and try again.. you need to switch the camera to the "M" setting and manually do it.. otherwise you wont see any results.. it does not.. DOES NOT need to be serviced.

you just need to learn your camera a little better and its functions and the laws of exposure... thats all.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: