lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
I always consider DIY! :)

The problem I have is that I'm not equipped for carpentry. I don't have access or the experience to do it the way I want, but I am good at technical drawings and have a really nice sketch-up of what I need. I can come up with a cut list and things that I need, but just need help with the execution.

I don't mind paying someone to do it in full or if someone can give me a hand with all the cuts and the construction, either way is good for me. I can do the finish work no problem.

bertyboy69

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
depends on what u need really , if you post the sketch up it will be much easier to help , if your making a tounge and groove with a center panel then 1 inch stock is recomended thats what i used when i made my canopy, and weight shouldnt be a problem the canaopy shouldnt ever have to be removed if theres proper access for the lighting and feeding cleaning ect

bertyboy69

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
that may work , i personally didnt like the pocket jig i prefer using the router for joining wood , i actually got a cheap craftsman router with a small plastic table for 99$ and it works for the small projects i do , where are u located , im on staten island if u wanted to i could help you here

bertyboy69

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
okay sounds good , im not carpenter by any means but i have to say it did come out very good , i have little patience when it comes to finishing wood , the staining process is not my strong suit but the actual carpentry i do well with , but by no means a cabinet maker lol , if you need help though shoot me a pm i only require some beers to finish the job ! haha

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: