oceanrealm

Rating - 100%
159   0   0
Does anyone know the care of this gorgonian?

Attachments

• Img_0333.jpg
    Img_0333.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 126

Domboski

No Coral Here
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
I believe that gorgonian needs cooler waters. I had frags in my temperate tank (68 degrees) that did awesome. The frags in my reef tank (which is dominated by gorgs and seafans many of which are non-photo) perished within a few months. It ate the powdered plankton from Sachs aquaculture and Fauna marin Ultra seafan mixed together. Don't let anyone fool you, it doesn't eat cyclopeeze. I have found that most seafans and gorgonians will only eat food of a specific size and many do not eat the same foods. Unfortunately the blueberry gorg is the toughest I've come across.

Like I mentioned earlier, I think it needs cooler temperatures and can not tolerate temps over 70 degrees for a long period of time (a few months at most). It is hard to tell in the pic but it looks like some branches are already missing tissue at the tips.

Last edited:

oceanrealm

Rating - 100%
159   0   0
requrements

I believe that gorgonian needs cooler waters. I had frags in my temperate tank (68 degrees) that did awesome. The frags in my reef tank (which is dominated by gorgs and seafans many of which are non-photo) perished within a few months. It ate the powdered plankton from Sachs aquaculture and Fauna marin Ultra seafan mixed together. Don't let anyone fool you, it doesn't eat cyclopeeze. I have found that most seafans and gorgonians will only eat food of a specific size and many do not eat the same foods. Unfortunately the blueberry gorg is the toughest I've come across.

Like I mentioned earlier, I think it needs cooler temperatures and can not tolerate temps over 70 degrees for a long period of time (a few months at most). It is hard to tell in the pic but it looks like some branches are already missing tissue at the tips.
Don't let anyone fool you, it doesn't eat cyclopeeze .Actually this is what I was told. O boy I guess I need to sell or Are you willing to trade for any gorgeonians that are much hardier.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: