mpedersen

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tackled my first spawning only 17 days after they landed in the tank. This picture is just flaunting it I suppose... :)

DSCN0058_11pm_SPAWNING.jpg

I'm keeping the breeding log for this one (and all my ongoing breeding projects) at MOFIB - http://marinebreeder.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=411

I'm sorry, I had to just gloat and post this everywhere and maybe find those folks I hadn't chatted with in a while...Renee wasn't willing to get out of bed at 12:00 AM to jump up and down with me when I realized what I had captured when shooting this evening!

Matt

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, nice!

What size tank did you use when you put them in together?

mpedersen

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Laura, they're in a 24 gallon nanocube (the thing behind them is a breeder net that's holding a few baby perculas). I'm maintaining the C. argi as a trio (1m/2f); the male is courting both females. I've had them in the tank around 2.5 weeks now.

This is my 2nd attempt at doing this; the first time around I ending up purchasing 4 over the span of a couple days, and over the course of the first week lost them all. Turned out it was a "bad batch" at the LFS..from what I saw, it looked like they lost every single one they had. I was very frustrated, in the back of my mind I thought maybe I pushed the limits too far, the 24 was too small, or that they were killing each other. Nope, just a bum batch of fish..this trio is working out great and has spawned again since my initial post - there are egg pictures via the QX5 at the url I posted above.

Keep in mind this IS the smallest species of angelfish...I don't think this could be done with something like C. loricula in a 24. The flamebacks maybe?

FWIW,

Matt

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: