tanniandmoi

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been keeping Marine fish for about 13 years. In the last 3 years I have bred ocellaris clown fish, frenatus clown fish and fridmani dottybacks. I would like to tried and spawn and raise Centropyge bicolor (Bicolor Angel fish) any tips you could give me would be great appreciated.

I already have a herum of 1 male and 2 female bicolor angels in a 90 litre tank (75cm(L)x45cm(W)x35cm(H)) this is a bare tank. Lighting is 1 marine white fluro tube and 1 marine blue fluro tube. these are on for about 12 hours a day. temp is 26 to 27 degrees Celsius. I was planning to allow the adults to spawnin this tank and then I was going to remove the adults and leave the eggs to hatch in this tank.

If you could give me some tips on feeding the larvae and young I would be very grateful.

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
rdo_welcome.gif

This is an extremely advanced topic :) I don't know of any home hobbyists that are breeding Centropyge, but iit has been done with limited success commercially. I really don't have much direct info on how to spawn and rear dwarf angels, and I can't find any online, unfortunately. Should I turn anything up (subject interests me as well), I'll post back here. Breeder's Registry used to have some info about Centropyge breeding, but their services have been down for quite some time now.

howardcu

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Were you able to find any buyers for the fridmani that you raised? I am starting to raise pseudochromis fridmani and flavivertex, but am concerned that there won't be any buyers out there to actually make it worth while. Also if you did find buyers how much did they usually go for?

Tarasco

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that the Angelfish and Butterfly book by Scott Michael has some info on the mating habits of Centropyge angels, you may want to take a look at that.

Bluetangclan

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That site has some good info as does that guys article in one of the fish magazines I have read. Unfortunately he refuses to list what he feeds them. This is a subject I am interested in too on a hobby scale so have been doing research on it. The food has to be smaller than rotifers. I think their breakthrough on food came about because they have very easy access to using plankton tow nets in Hawian waters and catching live stuff to start research with. If you dont have the same ability your basically SOL if starting from scratch. In the next week or two I plan on talking to an Ichthyologist and Planktonologist(sp) at my Biology dept to see what their ideas on a smaller, readily aquired and cultured food source might be. For me, perhaps something local, or I might have to start at the drawing board and go the plankton tow net route myself.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: