ChrisB

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I just added my cheato to fuge about 3days ago . I see that it already has hair algae growing on it. How long does it take to kick in ? Am i supposed to leave floating around , I tied it to small piece of coral with fishing line . This is what ecotechmarine said to do , I have used their miracle mud. Just seems the clean up crew i got from reefcleaners is doing **** the snails hardly move. I have 1 turbo snail who kicks ass.
When I started my tank the live rock i bought had some hair algae on it . I thought it would die off but it spread like wild fire. All my ro/di cartridges are bran new too. Its pissing me off I am about 6 1/2 weeks into cylce . One of the pics u can see all the snails sitting in front of tank, I see them move a little so i know they are not dead.
http://s1001.photobucket.com/albums/af135/liquid35/

skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
hair algae is part of a cycle. Keep your lights off as you do not need it while a tank is cycling.
If you want some real HA eaters... find yourself some of these guys... Orange Cat Eye Snails. I picked up some from Coral Theory the other week... and they decimated some bad algae I had growing in dead spots.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: