Border09

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Hi Guys:

I've had 2 false percs for about 5 months. They're doing extremely well, but unfortunately they were tank raised and haven't taken to the GBTA in the tank.

Do you think they will eventually host it? Is there anything I can do to entice them to host it? I also have a beautiful white condi with purple tips- no luck!

Thanks!

MikeyZO

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Usually tank raised percs wind up not hosting. If I had to venture a guess, it is probably because they werent born and raised in an anemone. Mine have never hosted anything. But there is always the possibility that instinct will take over and they may eventually. I've also never heard or read of anyone having been able to do anything that will coerce them. Good luck though :)

michaelp

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I had my percs for five years without an anemone and just recently put in a gbta. They ignored it for a few months, but then one day the gbta decided to move closer to them and now one of them hosts in it. So you never know.

mckostya

Lovin', is what I got.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
i had two tank raised clowns in my 12g nano with huge anemone and they never hosted it. they would swim by it, touch it whatever but never actually host it.

ecvernon

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
i had three tank raised clowns and a gbta.. for almost a year they never went near it. one day 2 of them went in just like that. after i got rid of the pair the third one began to go to the anemone. after i got rid of the anenome he started hosting pulsing xenia. now after my recent tank crash i lost my pulsing xenia he now is hosting a duncan colony...

it may take a while but one day they may just snap into it

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: