passthesalt

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well here I go again. Got a false perc. for the 58 after everyone was cured of ich. He's been there for 5 days and now he's got a thin milky layer of slime all over his body and even has a trail of slime trying to fall off his tail. I've never seen this before. He seems to be the only fish affected. He is out in the open swimming around but does seem to be breathing a bit fast. Water Params are PH 8.0, Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrates all 0. Temp 78-80. Salinity 1.025. Any suggestions??
Thanks much,
Lydia
icon_rolleyes.gif

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excessive mucus can be a sign of toxins. You said that you've had this fish for 5 days. By any chance was this in a quarantine tank beforehand ? Where you purchased the fish do they use copper in their system ?
At the moment I'd keep a wary eye on it as it could go down hill fast.
Do you have a quarantine Tank ? If so I'd move it and do a series of water changes in the quarantine tank.
Continue to feed it healthy foods and if you can feed medicated flake to ward of infections.

Regards,
David Mohr

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like your clown has brooklynella.The infection usually is accompanied by a massive slime coating. This probably drains even more energy from the clown.

Time is of the essence. Get it to quarentine fast and dose with formalin or malachite green.

GL

Dan

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: