Bio14guy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Ok guys, So in the last few weeks my clown has been really really feisty. Every time I'm in my tank cleaning or fragging he bits me pretty hard. Also when i add new fish he goes after all them to the point I think they don't make it. Any ideas to get this to stop. Should a add another clown?

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Mine does the same,going on 7 years now lol. Only luck I've had for new additions are a very tiny mate and slender body fish (blenny,psuedo,etc). It's a territorial thing and I would say doesn't go away. After a handful of bites she tends to slow down until the next time my hand is in there,real PITA. I'd say deal with it or get rid of and try again but I know a handful of members that have the same issues with their clowns. Hopefully it's a perc. or occ. and small bodied,I have a fire and it doesn't hurt but sure is annoying and does break skin sometimes.

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Mine used to be the same way until I started showing them I am the boss swatting at them when I put my hands in the water. No bites now.

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
See you never know, mine is consistent for years, after some time it'll slow down but unless I'm doing serious work in the tank it's the whole time. Gluing frags it's inevitable I'm coming out with a few half circle bite marks lol. I have a fairly deep tank and small guy so the damn thing gets me under the upper arm sometimes,definitely notice thoughs. She also hammers the magnavore magnet for the duration of cleaning both front corners. I wouldn't be surprised if it has jumped out more then 5 times just from me having my hand over the tank.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: